- Go to our school district web page (comoxvalleyschools.ca)
- Click on Utility Links in the top left corner (or the middle on a portable device)
- Click on Office 365
- Your username is your school email address (for students: Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your password is the same one that you use at school
- You can click on the purple icon for Teams
Yes, if you can, it is great to have all the office apps on your computer and/or your personal device. Notice when you go in to Office 365 online you can click on Install Office in the top right of your screen. Go for it!
To create a Team for your class:
- Open Microsoft Teams
- Click on Teams on the left
- Click on Create or Join a Team in the top right. If you have your Teams organized as a list rather than boxes, you will see the Create or Join a Team link at the bottom left.
- Now click on Create a Team
- Choose the type of team you would like to create- in this case it is a Class
- Give your Class Team a name
- Now add your Students-you should be able to find your attendance class group that will add your class all at once.
- If you would like to share your Team with other teachers, click on the Teacher tab at the top and add other teachers here.
- When you are finished, click on Close.
Below is a short video to show this:
While you can’t mute the student’s private chats, you can mute the chats that take place in your classroom Team. Here are some instructions to help you:
How to Turn off The Meeting Chat:
Note: It is slightly different if you are using a channel you created yourself. Please look at the handout above for instructions.
This video also shows you how to record your screen.
Creating a recording of yourself or your screen in Teams is also really simple and the recording can be made right in a Team that you are using along with your assignments and lessons. You can also send a link to the video for people to view it.
Available in Assignments, Posts and Chat
Brings text into a focus window and students can use text supports:
- Text to Speech
- colour contrast
- larger font sizes
- picture dictionary
- line focus
Immersive Reader in Microsoft Teams
Helpful support for students who are deaf and hard of hearing, English language learners and students who struggle with auditory processing.
- Available only in Teams desktop and Team iPad app
- English only
Live Captions in Microsoft Teams