OrbitNote with Office 365 (Online) in Chrome Browser or Edge through OneDrive
Read&Write and OrbitNote Microsoft Resources
OrbitNote is an approved browser extension added on computers across the district. Staff and students may be prompted to sign in to OrbitNote when they first attempt to open a PDF using the tool.
When selecting the OrbitNote Icon or extensionfor the first time .
Choose Sign in with Microsoft in SD71 Comox Valley.
Sign in with your Office 365 account your school district email and password.
When prompted, Accept permissions.
File Types Supported
- Accessible PDFs
- Info on creating an accessible PDF with Read&Write for Windows
- Video on how to use scanning OCR feature in OrbitNote
- Use the Google Chrome or Edge Browser
- Google Chrome Extension OrbitNote Extension
- Edge Extension OrbitNote Extension
- Installed on all SD71 computers
- All staff and students have access to OrbitNote and Office 365
- Can be added to home or BYOD computers
- PDF File needs to be uploaded to OneDrive or opened in the Browser
- PDFs need to be an Accessible PDFs
- Available in multiple languages including French
- Read text aloud
- Look up words in the Dictionary and Picture Dictionary
- Translate words
- Highlight text
- Build vocabulary lists
- Typewriter Tool to annotate files or fill in the blanks
- Word Prediction
- Freehand drawing tool
- Shapes Drawing tool
Read & Write and OrbitNote Microsoft Resources
OrbitNote with Office 365 Uploading a file to OneDrive
Writing on a PDF with Speech to Text on the computer
Downloading a PDF from Canvas to open in OrbitNotes
Saving printing a OrbitNote PDF document with annotated text input
OrbitNote Toolbar-chart – Microsoft
OrbitNote Quick Reference Guide
OrbitNote Thinklink Interactive Toolbar
Using Texthelp’s OrbitNote Extension In Chrome with Office 365
OrbitNote Training Videos (SD71 Microsoft Account sign in and we use Teams or D2L not Google classroom)
Comox Valley OrbitNote Overview
Using OrbitNote with OneDrive
Saving Annotations in OrbitNote
Scanning Feature in OrbitNote
Using OrbitNote and D2L Brightspace
OrbitNote Webinar recording by Matt and Jane
Using OrbitNote and Read&Write for Chrome at home or on BYOD devices with SD71 account:
If you would like to install OrbitNote extension for Google Chrome at home or on BYOD computers:
1. Make sure you have Google Chrome Browser loaded.
2. Go to the Chrome web store and install the OrbitNote Extension and Read&Write Extension
3. Once the above steps are complete and these 2 extensions are installed you will need to use OneDrive to access PDF documents. You can also use Read&Write by clicking on the Read&Write rw purple puzzle piece in the Chrome extensions area. Select and Signing in with Microsoft and Log in with your SD71 email.
4. Please also consider installing the Screenshot Reader
OrbitNote Writing Prompts Trial
How to Survive the First Morning of Daylight Savings Time 8.19
Graphic Organizers Collection Learn 71 (part way down the page)