OrbitNote with Office 365 (Online) in Chrome Browser or Edge through OneDrive
OrbitNote is an approved browser extension added on computers across the district. Staff and students may be prompted to sign in to OrbitNote when they first attempt to open a PDF using the tool.
Choose Sign in with Microsoft in SD71 Comox Valley.
Sign in with your Office 365 account you school district email and password.
When prompted, Accept permissions.
File Types Supported
- Accessible PDFs
- Info on creating an accessible PDF with Read&Write for Windows
- Use the Google Chrome or Edge Browser
- Google Chrome Extension OrbitNote Extension
- Edge Extension OrbitNote Extension
- Installed on all SD71 computers
- All staff and students have access to OrbitNote and Office 365
- Can be added to home or BYOD computers
- PDF File needs to be uploaded to OneDrive or opened in the Browser
- PDFs need to be an Accessible PDFs
- Available in multiple languages including French
- Read text aloud
- Look up words in the Dictionary and Picture Dictionary
- Translate words
- Highlight text
- Build vocabulary lists
- Typewriter Tool to annotate files or fill in the blanks
- Word Prediction
- Freehand drawing tool
- Shapes Drawing tool
Comox Valley OrbitNote Overview
Using OrbitNote with OneDrive
Saving Annotations in OrbitNote
OrbitNote Webinar recording by Matt and Jane
Using OrbitNote and Read&Write for Chrome at home or on BYOD devices with SD71 account:
If you would like to install OrbitNote extension for Google Chrome at home or on BYOD computers:
1. Make sure you have Google Chrome Browser loaded.
2. Go to the Chrome web store and install the OrbitNote Extension and Read&Write Extension
3. Once the above steps are complete and these 2 extensions are installed you will need to use OneDrive to access PDF documents. You can also use Read&Write by clicking on the Read&Write rw purple puzzle piece in the Chrome extensions area. Select and Signing in with Microsoft and Log in with your SD71 email.
4. Please also consider installing the Screenshot Reader
Graphic Organizers Collection Learn 71 (part way down the page)