Scroll down for information on how to access and Install Assistive Technology Tools on Home devices.
Recommended Headset with Microphone with Noise Reduction
1. CYBER ACOUSTICS AC-5812 3.5MM HEADSET W/ USB CONTROLLER iPads 3.5m audio jack and computers USB
IT helpdesk has some of these in stock.
Apps Posters for Visual schedules Apps logos
Programs and Extensions (computers)
The following program and extension supports are loaded on district computers. Click the links below for help to install them on home computers.
Read&Write for Windows Scroll down until you see; Using Read&Write for Windows at home or on BYOD devices with an SD71 account. This is the install information you will need.
Google Chrome Extensions,
- OrbitNote (adds accessibility to PDF documents, Support)
- Screenshot reader (used in Read&Write to read inaccessible text on web pages)
- Dom Distiller (clears clutter from web page, Support)
- Open Dyslexic (converts font to Open Dyslexic Font on web pages & Office 365)
- uBlock (blocks adds and pop ups)
For help with how to load these extensions on home computers:
iPad Accessibility Settings
Accessibility Settings on school district iPads (iOS 15). To set these up on home devices, refer to tip sheet below.
Looking for apps? Check out the Recommended Apps List
Who to email for help:
For Inclusive Education Technology loan questions and Accessibility tools support and training email Jane.Rondow@sd71.bc.ca
For Visuals, Subscription logins and Passwords, Print Resources and ARCBC book downloads email Luisa.Pereira@sd71.bc.ca
For help with BYOD and home Accessibility tools set ups email Valerie.Harnden@sd71.bc.ca