Programs and Extensions (computers)
The following program and extension supports are loaded on district computers. Click the links below for help to install them on home computers.
Read&Write for Windows Scroll down until you see; Using Read&Write for Windows at home or on BYOD devices with an SD71 account. This is the install information you will need.
Google Chrome Extensions,
- Texthelp PDF Reader (adds accessibility to PDF documents, Support)
- Screenshot reader (used in Read&Write to read inaccessible text on web pages)
- Dom Distiller (clears clutter from web page, Support)
- Open Dyslexic (converts font to Open Dyslexic Font on web pages & Office 365)
- uBlock (blocks adds and pop ups)
For help with how to load these extensions on home computers:
iPad Accessibility Settings
Accessibility Settings on school district iPads (iOS 13). To set these up on home devices, refer to tip sheet below.
Looking for apps? Check out the Approved Apps List