Read&Write iPad App
Free iOS iPad app with a subscription. SD71 has a district subscription for Read&Write. Provides reading support in Safari and a keyboard add on with Word Prediction, Dictionary, Speech to Text and Text to Speech support.
- Set up on all SD71 District iPads
- Needs to be manually configured to work (see tip sheet below). To get the code contact Valerie.Harnden@sd71.bc.ca or Jane.Rondow@sd71.bc.ca). It doesn’t work from the Read&Write app icon. The Read&Write app icon is just the settings.
- Use as a Web toolbar in Safari
- Installed as a keyboard option to use in any app
- word prediction
- speech to text
- text to speech
- picture dictionary
- Open Dyslexic font option
How to use Read&Write on the iPad
How to access Read&Write for iPad Safari web toolbar
Read&Write for iPad Keyboard
Read&Write for iPad Web Toolbar in Safari
To get the serial # for the Read&Write app to install on BYOD or Home devices please contact Jane.Rondow@sd71.bc.ca or Valerie.Harnden@sd71.bc.ca