Protocols and practice for outdoor excursions – 2021/22
- SD71 approves parent volunteers to assist on outdoor excursions – must follow Section 10 of the SD71 Communicable Disease Protocols
- Parents can help with driving according to section 8.0 of the SD71 Communicable Disease Protocols
- Outdoor activities and learning is encouraged – Please follow 6.3 Outdoor Play Activities protocol from SD71’s Communicable Disease Protocols
District Approved Transportation
Please note: these are the ONLY district approved transportation providers.
- Volunteer Driver Form
- Criminal record check ***only required for overnight trips
- ICBC Drivers Abstract
- Photocopy of license & insurance policy to school office-annually
- Permission of all student passenger parents
- List of passengers to driver and school office
- Role and responsibility communicated to driver
Cost $175 /per day
International Student Program has three 22-24 passenger mini buses.
COVID-19 protocols – If riders are from the same cohort the bus can run at full capacity.
****Please make sure to complete your mandatory Covid-19 bus cleaning training with Russel Roy prior to taking the bus out (firstname.lastname@example.org ) ****
Class 4 driver license required. Equipped with chains for Mount Washington travel, user must be knowledgeable in their application and use. Please provide reasonable notice (typically 10 business days) should you need to arrange for a different rental. Use the link to submit a request, if there are further questions you have beyond the form please contact, email@example.com .
The Comox Valley Regional District in partnership with School District 71 is pleased to offer the School Group Transit Pass Program, which provides classes the opportunity to experience the Comox Valley Transit System at a reduced rate for the purpose of traveling to and from field trips.
Cost: $30 round trip
Covid-19 Protocols: Max capacity of 30 riders total, be sure to confirm space availability. All riders must be wearing a mask at all times.
Contact: Darren Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org OR 250-339-5426) directly to confirm your school group pass, space availability and trip planning consultation.
Click HERE for school group pass details and process?
BC Transit RESOURCES:
BC Transit planning tool: Use the BC Transit-Comox Valley Trip Planner to find the best existing routes for your field trips.
Google Maps Planning tool: Simple use your google maps app and click the transit icon and write in your location and destination. Google maps will print out the route, bus numbers, times, and map needed to get you and from your destination.
Yellow School bus both 46 adult and 54 adult passenger capacity buses. Pricing available on request and evaluated case by case depending on specific bus size, times and location. Ability to travel to Mount Washington, specific bus required for travel so please put request in early to ensure its approval. Please submit requests a minimum of 3 days before travel and more if it is a special request outside of operating hours (8:45 am-2:30pm)
Please submit requests directly to our local Comox Valley branch coordinators Dorthy Palmer (email@example.com) or Roberta Mooney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Include in your requests:
- Number and grade of passengers
- Pick up time and location
- Return time from destination