Covid-19 – Protocols and practice for outdoor excursions
- SD71 approves parent volunteers to assist on outdoor excursions – although it is highly encouraged to use a bus.
- If parents are within 2 m of staff and students it is required they wear a mask
- Parents must drive their own vehicle to meet classes at any off-site location
- Parents can only drive their own child
- Teachers can drive up to two students from their own cohort, masks on and windows ajar.
- Students from the same cohort can ride a bus together
- In accordance with public health regulations currently there is no more than 10 adults gathering at one time outdoors.
District Approved Transportation
Please note: these are the ONLY district approved transportation providers.
- Volunteer Driver Form
- Criminal record check ***only required for overnight trips
- ICBC Drivers Abstract
- Photocopy of license & insurance policy to school office-annually
- Permission of all student passenger parents
- List of passengers to driver and school office
- Role and responsibility communicated to driver
Cost $175 /per day
International Student Program has three 22-24 passenger mini buses.
COVID-19 protocols – If riders are from the same cohort the bus can run at full capacity.
****Please make sure to complete your mandatory Covid-19 bus cleaning training with Russel Roy prior to taking the bus out (firstname.lastname@example.org ) ****
Class 4 driver license required. Equipped with chains for Mount Washington travel, user must be knowledgeable in their application and use. Please provide reasonable notice (typically 10 business days) should you need to arrange for a different rental. Use the link to submit a request, if there are further questions you have beyond the form please contact, email@example.com .
The Comox Valley Regional District in partnership with School District 71 is pleased to offer the School Group Transit Pass Program, which provides classes the opportunity to experience the Comox Valley Transit System at a reduced rate for the purpose of traveling to and from field trips.
Cost: $30 round trip
Covid-19 Protocols: Max capacity of 30 riders total, be sure to confirm space availability. All riders must be wearing a mask at all times.
Contact: Darren Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org OR 250-339-5426) directly to confirm your school group pass, space availability and trip planning consultation.
Click HERE for school group pass details and process?
BC Transit RESOURCES:
BC Transit planning tool: Use the BC Transit-Comox Valley Trip Planner to find the best existing routes for your field trips.
Google Maps Planning tool: Simple use your google maps app and click the transit icon and write in your location and destination. Google maps will print out the route, bus numbers, times, and map needed to get you and from your destination.
Yellow School bus both 46 adult and 54 adult passenger capacity buses. Pricing available on request and evaluated case by case depending on specific bus size, times and location. Ability to travel to Mount Washington, specific bus required for travel so please put request in early to ensure its approval. Please submit requests a minimum of 3 days before travel and more if it is a special request outside of operating hours (8:45 am-2:30pm)
Please submit requests directly to our local Comox Valley branch coordinators Dorthy Palmer (email@example.com) or Roberta Mooney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Include in your requests:
- Number and grade of passengers
- Pick up time and location
- Return time from destination
Ambassador’s Shuttles provide luxurious and affordable ground transportation in the Comox Valley and beyond. Their professional team of drivers ensure you get to your next destination safe and on schedule. They are flexible in their shuttle services and include transportation on gravel roads and up to Mount Washington.
Apply a 15% discount to the below prices for exclusive SD71 usage:
6 passenger : $85 /hr OR $550 day (10 hrs)
14 passenger: $125/hr OR $750 day (10 hrs)
24 passenger: $200 /hr OR $1000 day (10 hrs)
40 passenger with school bus style seating, change room and washroom facilities. Ability to tow extra gear if required and will travel on gravel roads and to Mount Washington.
Hourly: $100.00 per hour, minimum 2 hour charge. Time over the 2 hour minimum is charged per half hour increments.
Daily: $650.00 a day plus fuel.
Gravel Road Surcharge: Charters that travel on gravel roads will have a $2.00 per kilometre distance surcharge added based on total off-pavement mileage. This charge covers the gravel portion of travel to locations such as Bamfield and Cape Scott.
Note: 5% government GST will be added to all charter rates.
Variety of busing options with coach comfort for most. Please contact directly for rates and availability.
- 47-passenger coaches equipped with washroom, air conditioning, colour video screens and P.A. system and luggage compartments.
- 48 – passenger coaches equipped with washroom, air conditioning, colour video screens, P.A. system, kneeler and luggage compartments.
- 55 – passenger coaches equipped with washroom, air conditioning, colour video screens, P.A. system, kneeler and luggage compartments.
Consider for day excursions or longer multi-day trips. They have a fleet of 3 coaches, a school bus, 2 fourteen passenger vans and a covered cargo trailer. Locally owned and operated. We offer very competitive rates and hope that you will consider us when requesting quotes for your next group transportation.
- 56 Passenger Seating -Highway Cruiser – Washroom, Sound System & PA
- 57 Passenger Seating – Highway Cruiser – Washroom, Sound System & PA
- 52 Passenger Seating (Adults) – School Bus – Bench Seating, CD, Radio & Under floor storage
- 14 passenger – Van – CD, Radio & Trailer Hitch
With over 140 vehicles in our fleet, we are confident that we have a vehicle that will suit your transportation needs. Our vehicle options include highway coaches, mini coaches, school buses and vans. You can charter a bus from us, which means we will provide a bus and driver for you, or you can rent, which means that you have an individual with a valid license that can operate the required vehicle.
- 56 Passenger Motor Coach
- 38 Passenger VIP Coach
- 24 Passenger Mini Coach
- 24 Passenger School bus
- 48 Passenger School Bus
- 56 Passenger School Bus
- 14 Passenger Van