District Approved Transportation 2022-23
Please note: these are the ONLY district approved transportation providers.
Cost $175 /per day
International Student Program has three 22-24 passenger mini buses.
Class 4 driver license required. Equipped with chains for Mount Washington travel, user must be knowledgeable in their application and use. Please provide reasonable notice (typically 10 business days) should you need to arrange for a different rental. Use this link to submit a request, if there are further questions you have beyond the form please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for bike information, bookings and resources.
The District Bike program includes 20 varying sizes of bikes, skill development equipment, helmets, adult reflective vests, adaptive equipment, and basic bike maintenance tools.
BC Transit planning tool: Use the BC Transit-Comox Valley Trip Planner to find the best existing routes for your field trips.
- Why riding public transit is good for the planet
- How to ride the bus step by step
- Tips on how to be a courteous, safe and kind transit rider
- What is affordable transportation?
- What are the true costs of driving a car?
- How to plan transit trips
- What are other low cost ways to get around?
- Tips on how to become a courteous, safe and kind transit rider
Yellow School bus both 46 adult and 54 adult passenger capacity buses. Pricing available on request and evaluated case by case depending on specific bus size, times and location. Ability to travel to Mount Washington, specific bus required for travel so please put request in early to ensure its approval. Please submit requests a minimum of 3 days before travel and more if it is a special request outside of operating hours (8:45 am-2:30pm)
Please submit requests directly to our local Comox Valley branch coordinators Dorthy Palmer (email@example.com) or Roberta Mooney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Include in your requests:
- Number and grade of passengers
- Pick up time and location
- Return time from destination
Locally owned and operated. Has both full sized buses and vans available. Comox Coach and Shuttle will go up Mount Washington for any of you winter field trips.
Vancouver Island Coach Lines is a locally owned and operated transportation company with a fleet of both charter and school buses available. VI-Connector can accommodate sports team, school trip or getting your kids safely to school.
District approved transportation for all travel including mountain/winter travel. Comfortable coach style busses.
Ambassador’s Shuttles provide luxurious and affordable ground transportation in the Comox Valley and beyond. Our professional team of drivers ensure you get to your next destination safe and on schedule.
*** Please contact Main-Road Contracting if utilizing the areas around Anderson Hill and Rampart Hill. In the communications please indicate you are a school group, include your school name, your name, the date, time, and location you will be playing.
Email Danny– email@example.com
- All district approved transportation is approved to go up Mount Washington’s Strathcona Parkway Road. Click HERE for all district approved transportation contractors
- INTERNATIONAL MINI-BUS
- All three of the International Mini-Busses are equipped with winter tires
- Be sure to practice putting on mini-bus chains prior to trip
- Driver must have a valid class four drivers license
- PARENT DRIVERS:
- A parent drivers must have winter tires and chains traveling up to Mount Washington. Please have parents fill out all necessary volunteers driving forms prior to trip.
- Volunteer Driver Application–completed each trip
- Copy of drivers license and insurance– once a year, keep on school file
- ICBC- Competed Drivers Abstract– once a year, keep on school file
- Criminal Record Check – once a year, keep on school file ***only required for overnight trips