Key Learning Objectives
- Introduce the basic concepts and procedures of logging onto the school network, creating and changing passwords, and protecting personal and private information online.
Grade 4 Tech Skills
- Keep passwords secret and understand why.
- Create strong passwords and be able to change them when needed.
- Use technology responsibly and make safe choices.
- Understand the importance of not sharing personal information online.
- Explain responsible uses of technology and digital information and the possible consequences of inappropriate use.
- SD 71 Intermediate Responsible Use Agreement.
Steps to Complete
- Watch Into video
- Create Hero Skits about school computer use
- Do a Kahoot to show knowledge
Part 2: Setting Strong Passwords
- Play “Test Your Password” Step to the Line Game
- Complete If Then.. scenarios in groups
- Test your current passwords
- Fill out Super Secret Powerful Password handout
- Test new passwords