This just in! Breaking news! You don’t want to miss THIS!
- The student will evaluate the accuracy, perspective, credibility, and relevance of information, media, data, and other digital sources.
Watch the short video below. Be ready to list some of the tips used for spotting fake news.
With a partner, list some of the tips for spotting fake news and what you should do if you come across fake news.
Practice – Game
Fakey is a game designed to see how good you are at spotting fake news. Click in the link below to play the game. While you are playing, think about the following questions:
- What do you think you know about fake news?
- How often do you like or share a news story without checking to see if it is real or fake?
- Can you recognize fake news when you see it?
- Do you think you ever like or share fake news?
Using the information in the posters, determine if the posts are real or fake.
Click here to add your own text