Environmental education can look like…..
- outdoor play
- outdoor exploration
- caring for animals
- growing gardens
- litter-less lunches
- stories about powerful places
- First Nations stories of place
- Intro. to environmental inquiry
- Intro. to extended outdoor pursuits
- Leadership in school caring for animals & habitat
- More complex environmental inquiry
- Citizen Science
- Leadership in the school garden use
- Intro. to environmental justice issues
- Extended outdoor pursuits
- Citizen science in their larger community
- Involvement in local habitat protection
- Deeper understanding of environmental justice issues
- Active participation in community consultation
- Critical thinking on controversial issues
- Leadership in school & community gardens
- Creation of personal stories of powerful places
Plants & Animals
Snow & Winter
Gardens & Food Literacy
Community Connections & Sustainability
Camping & Outdoor Recreation
EOL Pro-D Opportunities & Resources
Resources for Rethinking provides immediate access to more than 1000 quality classroom resources. It connects teachers to lesson plans, books, videos and other materials that explore the environmental, social and economic dimensions of important issues and events unfolding in our world today. This resources has been reviewed by experienced classroom teachers and matched to relevant curriculum outcomes for each province and territory. Use the search engine to find resources and read the reviews. Most of these materials can be downloaded immediately.
LSF is a Canadian charity that has been working for over 30 years to integrate sustainability education into Canada’s school system.
Be The Change Earth Alliance is a Vancouver-based charitable organization that empowers individual and collective change for a resilient, just, connected, and sustainable world. We provide interactive educational programming that engages citizens in understanding their role in fostering global sustainability solutions.
Be The Change Earth Alliance currently fulfills our mandate through providing
(FREE 2019/20) curriculum resources, professional development and capacity building opportunities for teachers and students, and environmental education services to schools, school districts, and municipalities.
Register HERE for full access to all Be The Change Earth Alliance resources