SD71-Comox Valley in partnership with the Comox Valley Cycling Coalition, provide an outstanding 2 day School Cycling Program for all grade 4/5 students in SD71 on a 2 year rotation. The SCP coordinator will reach out to schools either in the fall or spring to coordinate schedules. Day 1’s focus is on bike handling skills and basic bike checks, Day 2- is safe road riding skills and a neighborhood road ride.
With over 1000 hours of volunteer time the is program would not be possible with out the immense support and dedication of the Comox Valley Cycling Coalition. If you are interested in supporting the SCP, please consider becoming a member and volunteer through the CVCCo.
District Bike Booking Process:
- Record how many of your students will need access to borrow the district bikes – we encourage your students to use their own bikes to honor parents investment.
- Communicate with others on staff to optimize the bikes booking with other classes.
- Please limit your bookings to max two week intervals
- Book bikes using the calendar icon on the right hand side of this page
- Bikes are delivered on Mondays and picked up Fridays.
- Plan to have access to the bikes from Tuesday-Thursdays.
- The PINK bike trailer key, will be left at the front desk of your school.
- There are 3 locks on the trailer, the one key will open all the locks.
- Please secure and lock all doors at the end of each day.
- Please mount the yellow wheel lock for overnight security-directions are in the blue tool box.
- Flag any bikes that need maintenance with pick flagging tape and record issue on flag with black sharpies, both found in the trailer tool kit. Contact Serina Allison about any concerns asap – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Serina Allison – email@example.com
What’s in the trailer?
Lesson & Videos
Hill Climb & Gear Change
Hill Climb-2 & Gear Change
Community Support & Cycling Resources
Please contact the CVCCo directly if you need extra help for your off site road rides and field trips.
Build on biking skills with support from Gravity Mountain Biking. Call or email directly to find out more information on how they can support your school program. GMB is happy to meet and support your biking program off site too!
Register your students or work through the program as a class for free. Comprehensive age appropriate resources to guide you through all elements of a school cycling program. Choose what works best for you and your class.