Speak Selection (iOS accessibility)
- Built in Accessibility Feature in iOS on iDevices
- Set up on all District iPads
- Needs to be turned on under Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech to work (see tip sheet below or contact IThelpdesk@sd71.bc.ca or Jane.Rondow@sd71.bc.ca).
- Text-to-speech for reading web content or any apps with text capability
- Reads selected text aloud
- To use Speak Selection tap the word at which you want to start reading. Then drag the blue dot over the text to be read aloud, then tap Speak.
- Words may be highlighted (tracked) as spoken
- Works in different languages including French
SPEAK SELECTION iPAD_Internet_TASK CARD
SETBC iPad Accessibility course (Speech Features are found under Vision)
Speak Selection – iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch iOS 12
iPad Tip: Speak Selection and Speak Screen