What is FocusEd?
FocusEd Education Resources (FocusED) is an organization grown from Education Resources Acquisition Consortium (ERAC) and BC Education Marketplace (BCEM). FocusEd remains an educational consortium of BC public and independent schools dedicated to supporting educators and students through a range of shared services including:
- Identifying and evaluating learning resources: K-12 Evaluated Resource Collection
- Curriculum implementation support
- Negotiating key enterprise licensing agreements
- Leveraging the collective influence of the K-12 education sector to achieve better services and products from vendors
- Developing privacy impact assessments
- Providing professional and technical support for the deployment of licensed resources such as BC Digital Classroom (Research Databases)
- Fostering connection through our annual invitational IT4K12 Conference and other professional development offerings
How can I explore all the FocusEd has to offer?
You can explore the FocusEd site here (https://focusedresources.ca/en). You will need to create a free account to access the full range of services provided.
From the FocusEd homepage, be sure to explore the Education tab where you will find fabulous classroom resources such as:
- Our collection of quality Research Databases curated and vetted to support the BC Curriculum and the research needs of students K-12
- Teacher evaluated novels, picture books, and reference materials for classroom use
- Indigenous Resource Collection
- Teacher evaluated videos, novels, picture books and reference materials with particular focus on supporting Indigenous worldviews and perspectives
- Webinars, tutorials, reference materials on a variety of topics for teachers