How to book district snowshoes
Step 1 – Book dates you will be using the snowshoes
Step 2– Pick up snowshoes the day before your trip. Arrange pick up details with Serina Allison (email@example.com). Pick up will be at Nala’atsi behind Courtenay Elementary.
Step 3 – Arrange with Serina Allison when to return snowshoes.
In the kit you will find:
- sign in and log binder
- flagging tape for damaged or broken gear
- 3 sizes of snowshoes in easy to carry bins
- winter and snow resource kit for onsite learning
50 snowshoes total – 3 different sizes
x5 Children’s TYKER Snowshoes
The TYKER snowshoes fit kids shoe sizes 7.5-13.5 and adult sizes 1-4.5
x25 Youth SHIFT Snowshoes
The SHIFT snowshoe fit shoe sizes 1-7(US men’s), and sizes 2- 10 (US women’s)
x20 Adult EVO Snowshoes
The EVO snowshoe fit youth size 4.5 to size 15 men’s with a max load weight of ~250lbs
Snow-Forecast is a reliable up-to-date snow forecast for Mount Washington area. Consider wind speed and snowfall when planning your trip.
A direct link to Mount Washington Alpine Resorts snow forecast.
District Approved Mountain Transportation:
*** Please contact Main-Road Contracting if utilizing the areas around Anderson Hill and Rampart Hill. In the communications please indicate you are a school group, include your school name, your name, the date, time, and location you will be playing.
Email Danny– firstname.lastname@example.org
- All district approved transportation is approved to go up Mount Washington’s Strathcona Parkway Road. Click HERE for all district approved transportation contractors
- INTERNATIONAL MINI-BUS
- All three of the International Mini-Busses are equipped with winter tires
- Be sure to practice putting on mini-bus chains prior to trip
- Driver must have a valid class four drivers license
- PARENT DRIVERS:
- A parent drivers must have winter tires and chains traveling up to Mount Washington. Please have parents fill out all necessary volunteers driving forms prior to trip.
- Volunteer Driver Application–completed each trip
- Copy of drivers license and insurance– once a year, keep on school file
- ICBC- Competed Drivers Abstract– once a year, keep on school file
- Criminal Record Check – once a year, keep on school file ***only required for overnight trips